BI Developer – SQL Server / SSRS / SSIS / SSAS / Data Warehousing – Nottingham
An exciting opportunity has risen for a BI Developer at a well established client based in Nottingham. Our client is offering a generous salary of £40,000 – £ 45,000 plus benefits.
Purpose of the role This position is to develop the firm’s business intelligence (BI) solutions including extract transform and load (ETL), data warehousing and analytics. The candidate will be have the skills needed to develop solutions using the Microsoft BI technologies and will have a proven experience in applying best practices for delivering business critical BI and reporting services.
The firm is committed to a very large programme of change which includes the replacement of the firms finance solution and a new BI capability. The role presents an exciting opportunity to support a new approach in a rapidly changing market as well as keeping it up to date with continuous improvement.
Design, development and maintenance of the enterprise data warehouse including:
- Definition of dimensions, their attributes, hierarchies and relationships
- Cube calculations, aggregations, KPIs, partitioning and processing strategy
- Implementation of data security
- Integration with BI analytics tools and reporting
Where required; design development and maintenance of:
- ReportingBI Analysts tools and dashboards Collaborate in the definition, communication, and governance of the data architecture
- Collaborate with other colleagues in the IT department to deliver solutions which implement the data architecture
- Active involvement in daily scrums
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft BI technologies including:
- SQL Server 2014 / 2016 o developing and maintaining enterprise grade BI solutions o BI systems analysis
- Will have part of a team which was responsible for the successful delivery of at least one major BI solution
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, with strong organizational, time and task management skills
- A natural enthusiasm for technology and the ability to excite and engage colleagues about BI
- Good knowledge of the principles and best practice in BI development
Please sent a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org