Salary: £25000 to £35000
The main purpose of the role is to confidently participate in the team who are the focal point for all application support activities. You will be working closely with the business system users, IT support, the Project team and third party software suppliers.
You will have an analytical and methodical approach to problem determination, diagnosis and resolution and be detail focussed. You will also need to communicate confidently, professionally and in a timely fashion to manage incidents, problems and changes within the department. It is important for you to have a flexible approach, be able to multi-task and able to work under pressure.
- Provide application support for all internal colleagues using the line of business applications. Whilst also working with 3rd Party Software Suppliers to incident resolution.
- Record all details of incident/change management in Service Now.
- Identify and define priorities for the varied system issues, keeping all parties involved up to date with any developments and be able to direct the support activities appropriately.
- When new applications are implemented, work with the Project teams to ensure they can be supported and managed in an effective way by Application Support, often working on the final stages of projects for a smooth alignment to business as usual.
- Develop test cases and scripts when new patches/fixes are installed to ensure that solutions are tested in a failure as well as successful situation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of business application support techniques and methodologies.
- Establish the root cause of all issues to aid prevention of them recurring and where possible make recommendations for improvements, whilst making sure all relevant issue resolution documentation is complete.
- Working with the Application Support Team in supporting the strategy to deliver the best quality service and support possible in the most efficient way for our colleagues.
The following skills are all desirable but not all are necessary, however, we will consider candidates with more of the skills below favourably: –
- Technical knowledge and understanding of supporting order processing/ERP software, preferably for a retail organisation
- Knowledge of SQL or similar query language.
- Experience of supporting and troubleshooting software interfaces and file transfers, including (but not limited to) CSV, text, XML or web based APIs.
- Any previous Retail/Logistics IT experience.
- Any knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics AX Fashion.
- Any knowledge of Red Prairie (JDA Despatcher WMS).
- Any knowledge of I-Reports
- Any knowledge of BizTalk
- Any process driven support of systems
Job Reference: BBBH1041_1513092628
Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP