Salary: £25000 to £35000
This exciting multi-faceted role is part of our professional services team, where you’ll work on business-critical projects (web and desktop applications), writing your own test specifications, to ensure we maintain the highest levels of application excellence.
We are looking for a methodical approach to problem solving, strong communications skills and a willingness to get involved across all areas of the business, which includes providing end-user support and product training during peak activity.
- Work autonomously to test web and desktop solutions, to ensure all software is functionally compliant and stable.
- Write and create test procedures (both automated and manual)
- Identify and write bug reports using issue tracking software – JIRA.
- Enhance current QA practices, evaluate new testing tools and methodology.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues over the phone, via email/live chat communications and through remote connectivity to end user.
- Deliver training via the web and on-site to customers.
– A HNC, HND or degree, or equivalent, in Software would be preferred
– ISTQB would be advantageous
Your Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as a Software Tester, which may include functional, UI, regression and / or acceptance testing, from a test-driven environment.
- Experience of writing test specifications.
- Experience in using and developing automated testing tools (Ranorex or equivalent).
- Highly organised and able to achieve tight, multiple deadlines.
- High attention to detail, with strong verbal and written communication.
- Hands-on technical support experience in a customer / end-user facing role.
Your Personal Qualities
Primarily based in our Manchester offices but with some travel to client sites across the UK you will:
- Demonstrate high level of drive, energy and initiative.
- Be approachable and organised – a real team player.
- Have a positive and flexible attitude.
- Provide a quality service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Communicate technical problems in non-technical language.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem-solving.
- Be self-driven to research and quickly learn to deal with the issues that Employee Expenses and Benefits brings to our customers (from both the application’s and the legislation’s perspective).
- Must also be able to undertake travel to client sites across the UK outside business hours (including occasional overnight stays when necessary) and have their own transport.
Job Reference: App01092071_1504269613
Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP