Salary: £30000 to £38000
The role will involve:
- Seeking effective solutions to business operational improvement requirements by means of Information Technology and Systems. That is, understanding business operational processes and interpreting them into functional system requirements.
- Defining and implementing security requirements using permissions and profiles, based on an excellent understanding of operational business roles.
- Providing application support to end users (2nd line business systems support), responding to incidents and requests that are logged in line with pre-defined SLAs.
- Resolving end-user issues through a structured approach to root cause analysis and investigation.
- Providing data management (quality assurance, maintenance and setup) support to the Data Administrator in the team.
- Acting as a liaison with colleagues at all levels across diverse business departments.
- Collaborating with the support teams of external software, hardware and service providers to achieve results and find solutions.
- Producing both technical and end-user documentation for the business systems.
- Providing effective training to end users of the business systems, where appropriate, to enable users to become more self-sufficient/self-reliant.
- Travelling, as and when appropriate, to other UK sites to work directly with end users.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Profound knowledge of the functionality of ERP business systems (preferably IFS).
- Basic technical troubleshooting skills around extended servers, e.g. print servers.
- Profound knowledge of operational business processes end to end (CRM, sales, purchasing, manufacturing, Supply Chain, financials, etc).
- Data management skills.
- Basic reporting skills, including SQL query and Crystal reports.
- Process documentation writing skills.
- End-user training skills.
- Advanced skill levels with full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Business analyst techniques, including process mapping/modelling, interviewing, and workshop moderation.
- Knowledge of IT professional standards (ITIL).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously to prioritise and resolve issues.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- End-user/customer focus.
- Valid full UK Driving Licence.
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000
Please get in touch ASAP to be considered for this role.
Job Reference: BSA1885_1525769226
Salary: £30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP