Salary: £50000 to £80000
Job title: Lead Software Engineer
Salary: Up to £85k per annum
If the idea of designing, building and iterating on something that’s never been done and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible excites you, then this role is for you!
My prestigious client services over 500 blue chip companies developing/testing over 3 million web pages everyday.
This is an opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment, using a variety of technologies to deliver and support web-based applications in dedicated private infrastructure and the Cloud.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you must have a passion for good development practices, enjoy mentoring junior talent, and a keen appreciation of new technology!
- Experience of developing in an Agile environment
- Experience of working closely with QA analysts and QA processes
- Experience of conducting and undergoing peer code review
- A keen interest in and ideally experience of working with large data sets and data analysis
- Experience of acquiring new languages and technologies
- Able to write clearly articulated, coherent documentation
- Able to present and explain concepts to other developers and to non-technical people
** It does not matter if you do not have all the skills listed below **
Technologies they use:
- Experience of Agile, Lean and XP development practices
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Open Source technologies
- Experience of designing/developing/working with web services and REST APIs
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented development, design patterns and coding best practices
- Solid knowledge of testing strategies and approaches and experience of writing automated tests and testing frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit, Cucumber)
- Experience of DevOps practices and technologies: continuous integration, build and configuration management systems, especially Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
- Experience of contributing to system architecture design
- Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and web performance optimisation
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Experience of debugging, profiling and optimising performance (server- and/or client-side)
This is truly an opportunity not to be missed working for a market leader!
To progress an application, please apply with your CV instantly.
Job Reference: BBBH901_1516205631
Salary: £50000 - £80000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP