Salary: £50000 to £55000
Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical Specialist – Brentford – up to £55,000+ benefits
My client, a leading financial services provider are going through a transformation and are looking for a MS Dynamics AX Technical Specialist to join their growing team. The project office is based in Brentford, London and are offering a full-time position.
Reporting to the IT Development Manager you will be responsible for;
- Providing third line support for all Production and Development environments and upgrade to new versions as required
- To create/maintain documentation of complete environments, including system diagrams, failover testing, capacity planning, troubleshooting and service specification
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for all Microsoft Dynamics AX related technology needs
Further duties include;
- Design, implement, deliver, and support the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 environment and associated services
- Responsible for on-going developments and service improvements with recommendations where appropriate.
- To ensure the business remains compliant with industry best practices and regulatory requirements and to implement the necessary changes
- FRES change management process to be adhered to
- Design, implement, deliver & support the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 environment and associated services
- Keep industry knowledge of advances in technology within the AX space current and help the business translate these into potential capabilities
- Be the subject matter expert and design authority representative for all Dynamics AX related solutions
- Analyse business requirements and produce technical specifications to IT applications standards
- Implement change control process for production releases
- Setup, document, and test onsite failover for all production environments
- Day to day support where necessary of any allocated application service
- Create and maintain documentation to a high standard, including software standards, service specifications, release notes and IT implementation checklists for all software releases
- Arrange and undertake regular meetings with business owners
- Develop, Unit test & performance test scripts for the AX environment
- Responding to assigned service desk incidents (3rd line)
- Need to ensure the code delivered by the external vendor adheres to the quality standard
- Performance monitoring and analysis
Skill-sets & Education;
- Degree-level qualification, preferably in IT related discipline, or equivalent combination of specialised training.
- Certified in a development qualification, or a desire to obtain the qualification.
- Strong knowledge and experience of design and development of solutions using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Demonstrable experience in the primary support of MS Dynamics AX.NET environments.
- Good general knowledge and development experience with the Microsoft Stack (SQL Server, Dynamics CRM, BizTalk, AppFabric, SharePoint) will be a bonus.
- Experience in leading a team is advantageous as this role will initially involve working alongside our offshore partners.
- Experience of SOA enabling technologies is advantageous
- Knowledge of the scrum and waterfall methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with TFS
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft LCS code analysis tool.
Job Reference: C13.12.16_1481624538
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP