Salary: £35000.00 to £45000.00
Our client is a highly successful and well established Financial Services company with rapid growth plans. Due to this growth, they are now recruiting for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join their team.
The Senior Pricing Analyst will provide analytics that measure product profitability and support the development of pricing strategies and plans.
The team produce cash flow forecasts and undertake analyses of financial performance at portfolio, product and account level to support the development of pricing strategies and plans. Working as a member of the Commercial Pricing team, within the Group’s wider Business Analytics function, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining cashflow forecast models and the assumptions that feed into them. The role will involve preparing pricing recommendations based on analysis undertaken and presenting findings to stakeholders to assist the business in the decision-making process.
Duties & responsibilities Skills;
* Lead a small team to deliver the pricing requirements of the business
* Provide support and training to the Commercial Analysts to ensure the team’s objectives are achieved
* Effectively communicate the outputs of models and assumptions used with senior management
* Interrogate historical financial data to provide insights into customer behaviour which can be used to inform pricing and business decisions
* Make use of Excel and VBA to build financial models
* Utilise R, SQL and Power BI to develop new methods of analysing and reporting the Group’s data
* Calculate the returns for new product proposals prior to submission to the Group’s Assets
* Challenge the assumptions which underpin pricing by analysing the performance and behaviour of similar historical assets
* Review products underwritten to ensure they are meeting targeted returns and then present profitability packs to senior management
* Leadership skills with the ability to manage a small team * Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Extensive knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques
* Excellent spreadsheet modelling skills with the ability to present outputs clearly to the business
Qualifications And Experience;
You must have a 2:1 degree in a numerical based subject, ideally with an academic background in Statistics or Econometrics. Previous experience within Financial Services is preferred but not essential. Working hours 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch). Training Relevant training will be provided
Job Reference: BBBH1506_1536238274
Salary: £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Asap