Salary: £30000 to £40000
- Ability to log and respond to customer support requests via phone, e-mail, and web interface.
- Act as product technical liaison between support and development teams.
- Communicate technical product and solution expertise to internal and external customer.
- Exhibit a commitment to customer service while building customer partnerships.
- Expertly utilize support tools (WebEx, etc) to expedite case resolution.
- Follow operational guidelines for interacting with other associates.
- Fully document all case interactions and author Knowledge Base solutions.
- Provide updates and case statuses to customers and management.
- Successfully understand and triage customer issues, conducting any necessary technical research (code review, database queries, traces, debug, etc) or team collaboration.
- Use customer service, communication and problem-solving skills to solve inquiries from customers.
- Work as a support team member to utilizing technical skills and product expertise helping to resolving customer product issues.
Skills & Experience required
- Strong analytical skills with logical troubleshooting methodology.
- English to a business level
- IT literate with strong knowledge of PC operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2003 & 2008.
- Good user and admin knowledge of UNIX operating system (HP-UX, AIX).
- Working knowledge of Citrix Presentation & Terminal Server.
- Proven knowledge of Oracle (10g&11g +) database and application of its usage would be advantageous
- SQL Server 2005 & 2008 knowledge beneficial.
- Appreciation/understanding of software installation and configuration.
- Ability to work in a demanding and varied environment.
- Experienced working in a deep technical support environment that thrives on delivering quality service to the business customer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, friendly and sociable.
- Adaptable to change / flexible.
- Provides occasion weekend, out of hours support
- Fast learner, self-driven, independent, self-motivated, enthusiastic, knowledge sharer.
- Applicants coming from a Warehouse Management or Supply Chain background preferred.