The evolution of technology presents an unprecedented set of challenges for every modern business.
Cyber security is one such challenge that has become a central issue across all industries and sectors over the past decade. Our reliance on digital systems and data is fueling the need for tighter security measures, particularly within businesses that have an ongoing duty to protect sensitive information belonging to themselves and their clients. For these companies, safeguarding their digital infrastructure is no longer an option.
From our experience, it always pays to have a robust IT security and risk management strategy in place to prevent any potential issues from being exploited and proprietary data from being leaked. Each company is unique, of course, which is why security measures must be tailored to suit the specific needs of a business. Left unaddressed, a weak approach to data security can snowball into a wide range of costly issues further down the line that disrupt operations and productivity.
Our close-knit team of recruitment experts have worked closely with companies to support their cyber security needs for more than a decade. During this time we have built a strong reputation for sourcing quality candidates across various security standards, including CISSP, ISO 27001, PCI DSS and GDPR.
Whether you are looking for long-term management positions, or auxiliary support for a standalone project, Recann are here to support your hiring needs.
Our approach to IT security hiring
Salary: £50000 to £55000
Job title: Information Security Officer
Salary: Up to £55k per annum
I’m working with a highly ambitious company based in Stoke who is looking to grow their IT team with an Information Security Officer.
To be successful in the role, you will have relevant experience in an IT role as well as extensive knowledge of Information Security and Cyber risk.
You will be an excellent communicator both written and verbally at all levels, and have a strong track record of building positive relationships at a senior level providing constructive support and challenge to Directors.
- Coordinate the development of the Groups information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of an education and training programme on information security and privacy matters for employees and suppliers
- Work as the Data Protection Officer.
- Manage and complete information risk and information security reviews, including due diligence of third parties.
- Develop and implement an Incident Reporting and Response System to address security incidents (breaches), respond to alleged policy violations or complaints from external parties.
- Serve as the Groups designated representative on Information Security matters, including external and internal audits, client requests on security, data and privacy matters.
- Input to the development, implementation and enhancement of the Business Continuity Framework.
- Keep abreast of latest security, data and privacy legislation, regulation in particular ISO27001 and GDPR
Skills & experience
- 5 year’s experience in a senior technical IT infrastructure role
- Experience of the Data Protection Act and new GDPR
- Experience in a similar Information Security role
- Driving Licence essential
- Hold recognised information security qualification such as Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ISO audit qualification or similar
To find out more about this opportunity, please apply with your CV immediately!
Salary: £25000 to £35000
Job Title: Cyber Security Support Analyst
Salary: £25k – £35k per annum (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Competitive holidays, pension, healthcare scheme, childcare vouchers, continuous training
This is truly an opportunity not to be missed if you have strong infrastructure knowledge and a particular interest/knowledge in cyber security!
I’m working with a market leader within their industry who have operations around the world.
With over 2,000 employees in the company, this role will give you good exposure to other technologies and open doors to other areas within the business!
The Internal Solutions Architect will work within the Group’s Central Services support team to provide support for sales in solution design and providing subject matter expertise. This will involve technical proposal writing and work in a collaborative way across the teams.
- Administration of technical support requirements, ensuring requests from the sales teams are processed within the pre-defined service level agreements.
- Provision of technical scope information to the sales teams. This information may be via written form, face-to-face discussions, or over the telephone, as needed.
- Quality assurance of client-facing documents, including both proposals and methodology literature, to ensure the solution proposed meets the client’s requirements and that the time allowed in the proposals is sufficient to perform the work in scope. (The majority of the documents in question are highly technical in nature).
- Liaising with both sales and delivery teams to agree scope as part of the internal sign off process (QA).
- Working towards the attendance of client conference calls to provide technical assistance to sales, ensuring the solution proposed meets the client’s requirements.
- Working technical security knowledge of network architecture, IT infrastructure, applications, and systems
- Proven ability to explain the output to a non-technical audience
- Ability to understand demanding technical engagements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in document-writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Time management and working to deadlines
- Penetration or security testing experience
- Previous pre-sales or sales support experience
- Good networking and associated protocol knowledge and experience
- Industry relevant certifications such as Comptia Security+, CEH or CREST
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please apply today with your CV today.
View more IT Security & Defence jobs
To speak with a Recann consultant for expert IT security and governance recruitment advice, or to discuss your next career move, get in touch today on (0)161 711 0791 or email email@example.com