Recann is currently recruiting for an Assistant Commercial Manager to join a leading organisation based in Leatherhead.
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in Commercial Management Support including contract and subcontract support.
The Assistant Commercial Manager is responsible for support or supporting the Commercial Management function working either independently or in a small team and providing accurate, timely and relevant advice and information. Contributes to negotiations of key subcontracts and purchase orders, including appropriate flow-downs, other risk, and compensation provisions from the prime contract.
Responsibilities and Duties
A member of the Commercial Team, the role is responsible for the provision of day to day commercial support to existing projects and the preparation of bids for new contracts. The role is supported on a day to day basis by the wider commercial team members.
- Under general supervision, responsible for overseeing contract performance, contract administration and the management of change to properly protect the clients interests in existing projects.
- Maintaining up to date change registers and fulfilling the required contract administration activities to ensure all necessary changes are processed and work is performed and billed correctly.
- Interface with internal functions to ensure contract compliance and consolidate and coordinate that information as advice to senior members of the commercial team, operations and business acquisition as may be required.
- Support the flow-down, negotiation and agreement of T&Cs for Subcontractors.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with internal functional areas and external stakeholders.
- Collate cost data and prepare price estimates in support of change requests and bids for new projects.
- Participate in the development of commercial strategy – both general and programme specific for new work opportunities associated the business.
- Support the preparation and, if requested, present business cases for internal and client approval.
- Ensuring awareness and compliance with corporate governance procedures
- Ensuring avoidance of any Conflict of Interest on the part of the clients, projects in execution and new opportunities.
Experience and Skills:
- Using a range of standard and bespoke forms of contract, experience with contract administration of projects.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team.
- Good understanding of governance processes and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills, attention to detail.
- Able to integrate and balance big-picture concerns and issues with day-to-day activities and tasks.
- Analytical, able to draw accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information.
- Able to successfully manage time, plans and workload to achieve agreed tasks in a timely way.
- Good IT knowledge, including familiarity with MS Excel – knowledge of pricing and cost estimate preparation would be desirable.
Salary up to £55k depending on experience.
If this position is of interest then get in touch with Recann today!