Salary: £45000 to £55000
Senior Software Developer – Home Working – Sheffield
Rare opportunity for a Software Developer to be part of a new development team based in Sheffield. You would be working for a quickly growing payments software company based in the south that is looking to create a brand new team in Sheffield. You would be required to work part of the week from the office to start with, eventually moving to full-time home working if you wish!
What we look for:
- Knowledge of other languages including Go, Ruby & Python is a plus
- Confident working with common source control & continuous integration tools (Git, Gitlab CI)
- Experience with test frameworks & methodologies (TDD, BDD, Selenium, Nunit etc.)
- Working knowledge of cloud deployments and associated tooling & services (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Responsible for delivery of feature releases through the SDLC using the agreed method of delivery for your team.
- Ensuring good coding practices such as adequate code reviews, suitable checkpointing and refactoring of code have been applied to your work.
- Produce suitable documentation to evidence the work agreed, completed and deployed at the end of the time-boxed period of work or project.
- Application of the correct tooling, techniques and processes at the appropriate point of the development of the work and evidence how this has been successful through smart metrics or outcomes
- Ensure consideration has been given to non-functional elements of the work delivered, such as performance, smoke, load, stress and security testing and ensuring these requirements are considered early in the planning stage of a delivery
- Contribute to refactoring of both the practices, processes and approaches the team uses at regular intervals
- Drive a culture of challenging the existing ways of working and applying more efficient ways of working whilst understanding the reasons for decision making in certain aspects of the work
- Understand and apply a variety of test approaches to the work developed, including smart adoption of manual testing and a keen focus on building in automation to testing to increase the efficiency of the work conducted
An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer for the right candidate. If this is of interest we would love to hear from you!
Job Reference: BBBH1311_1529506537
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP