Salary: £50000 to £60000
My client is a highly established and respected charitable organisation, with various locations spread across the UK.
Due to an organisational re structure, they are now seeking a highly competent and passionate Software Development Manager, to run the Softwarde Development team, based from Peterborough.
The job purpose;
To manage the software development team in a scrum environment. Work with the development team, wider IT team members and stakeholders to ensure business requirements are represented and realised into robust, simple and scalable solutions.
Provide leadership and direction to the team, and manage the roadmap for systems development, thus devising and delivering against a vision for the technical and user-experience landscape.
Management of team of M2 Agile Developers operating within an Agile Scrum Development Team.
- Experience of managing Agile Scrum teams in a multi-location, multi-discipline environment, with 5+ direct reports.
- Robust Project Management capability (certification preferred) with demonstrable experience of delivery focused development.
- Demonstrable experience of integrating to PaaS and SaaS solutions.
- Strong knowledge of modern industry wide applications, development tools, frameworks and methodologies.
- Commercial experience designing, building, testing and debugging applications in a distributed multi-user environment
- Knowledge of and experience as a developer within an Agile framework
- Experience of common communication/networking protocols including (DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP)
- Ability to translate complex technology matters into terms relevant and appropriate to business stakeholders.
- Strong relationship manager with ability to create confidence in Senior Management Stakeholders.
- Strong experience of working with and managing external suppliers
2 People management skills/ team working skills
- Demonstrable experience of building, developing and leading a high performing team with the ability to inspire direct reports and wider team members to perform at their maximum
- Able to build productive working relationships and work well with external suppliers and the organisations colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, will be required to make an active contribution to the wider IT strategy and agenda.
- Strong advocate of performance management with the ability to deal with underperforming team members effectively.
3 Planning and Organisational skills
- Expert planner, with ability to look at short and long term, to see issues and opportunities and articulate this to staff across all levels
- Experience of directly managing projects from inception to completion
Job Reference: BBBH1878_1557234752
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + flexible/remote working
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP