Salary: £55000 to £60000
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, and other databases, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of the Force systems.
Alongside this the successful candidate should have experience with performance tuning and optimisation, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools. They should also have experience with backups, restores and recovery models and knowledge of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
This is a ‘hands-on’ position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). The successful candidate should also hold strong technical skills and work with a customer service ethic and can “get it done” personality.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve technical and database issues. Ensure timely resolution of incidents, problems and change as defined in the agreed Service Levels.
- Provide on call support when required to 24×7 critical production systems.
- Plan for backup and recovery of database information ensuring the backups are verified and successful. Planning and managing exercises to prove recovery procedures.
- Implement recovery procedure when necessary.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document changes.
- Assist developers and Management Information staff with complex query tuning and schema refinement. Analyse, diagnose and resolve technical and database issues.
- Install, configure and maintain all existing and future database environments.
- Maintain performance and availability to agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure the timely resolution of incidents, problems, changes as prioritised in agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure documentation is current and up to date.
- Ensure that systems remain supportable, expandable, fit for purpose, and capable of delivering on-going business value and benefit.
- Manipulates, maintains and scrutinises databases to provide information regarding enhancements, upgrades and software. Takes innovative approaches to problem solving and delivers inventive and creative solutions.
- Develop a positive perception amongst G4S and its clients through strong, credible communication and relationship management, high business and technology appreciation and service leadership.
- Perform all daily checks in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain relevant sections of Standard Operation Procedures
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current practice in own area of expertise
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical knowledge of Oracle and/or MS SQL server.
- Excellent understanding of current licensing arrangements.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimisation, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery options for SQL Server.
- Flexible team player with a get it done personality
- Ability to plan and organise work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong technical skills with a customer service ethic.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and context switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Hold a full driving licence as travel to other locations will be required.
- Degree from a technology discipline.
- Experience of working within the Policing market sector.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus.
Job Reference: BBBH1728_1548436461
Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP